Veedokkade on May Day


Tamil actor Surya is back. After Surya S/O Krishnan, he comes up now with action entertainer titled Veedokkade, dubbed version of his successful Tamil flick, Ayan. AVM has produced it, while renowned cinematographer K V Anand (of Shivaji fame) directed the movie. AVM is releasing it in Telugu with the help of Suresh Movies. A press meet was held on Saturday evening (April 18, 2009) at Prasad Preview Theatre in Hyderabad to talk about the movie. Surya, heroine Tamannah, AVM’s Saravanan, and guest from Tollywood director Sekhar Kammula attended the press meet.

Shot in Yamakasi style: Surya

Surya said Veedokkade is very special movie in his career. “Veedokkade is my 23rd film. It is dubbed version of my film, Ayan in Tamil and it broke some records. In fact, it is biggest hit in my career so far. It collected double the revenue of what my Ghajini did in Tamilnadu. So the movie’s success is very precious to me. I am sure that the Telugu version too would be liked by the audiences here. It is not regular commercial entertainer. A very realistic action movie. I don’t normally come here to promote my films if it is regular movie; I do only if it is really good flick,” Surya said about Veedokkade.

He also said that the movie’s action episodes are designed in Yamakasi style. “Perhaps this is the first film in India shot in Yamakasi style (French street fights and acrobatics). We have roped in a Hollywood technician for action episodes and shot mostly in Africa and Malaysia. Director K V Anand sir incorporated realistic elements in action episodes and made the movie a different mass movie,” he said.

He also said that he would definitely do a straight Telugu film. “But I am looking for a script that should be a very unique. I want my first straight Telugu movie to be a very special one,” he added.


Happy Days in Tamil for me: Tamannah

Tamannah who played the romantic interest to Surya in the movie shared her happiness too. “The movie is a big hit in Tamilnadu. How I got my first major break in Telugu with Happy Days, Ayan in Tamil brought me huge recognition. After release, I saw the movie first at a small theatre in Pollachi and found people going in hysteria. Later I saw the same reaction from Mumbai theatre crowds. This is the first time that I am working in such a huge mass action entertainer and I could see how a mass movie creates impact on audiences,” Tamannah said.